Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What we’re looking for:
The Owner Acquisition Senior Product Manager is responsible for growing end user awareness of Rover and generating initial trial. As an internal expert on pet owner behavior, you will intimately understand what resonates with different pet owner segments. You will partner closely with our Marketing and Engineering teams to test and refine strategies for getting pet owners to try using Rover.
This role is one of the more challenging but impactful opportunities available at Rover.
At a high level you will have two core areas of focus:
- Working with Marketing to optimize existing programs - this is very data-oriented, requires high attention to detail, and the ability to partner cross-functionally.
- Working with Engineering to devise and create new experimental programs -- this is very open ended, ambiguous, and requires creativity.
You’re toolset includes:
- Viral Acquisition: Leveraging built-in product features to encourage existing users to share Rover with new users.
- Paid Acquisition: Working with Marketing to optimize search engine marketing, Facebook ads, display ads, mobile ads, affiliate programs, radio, tv, etc…
- Content Marketing: Working with our Content Team to convert blog visitors into Rover users
- E-mail Marketing: Partnering with our Email Team to convert accounts into bookings
- Search Engine Optimization: Partnering with our SEO team to optimize our current strategy and brainstorm new strategies
- A/B testing and Analytics: You own the visit-to-account funnel and are constantly testing into better approaches (landing pages, etc…) for acquiring users
- Leveraging outsourced low-cost labor to test growth strategies: You’re open to exploring ‘outside the box’ approaches to testing ideas with minimal development cost
You’re responsible for bringing together Engineers, Designers, Marketing and other departments from around the company to generate the best set of strategies to test . When an initiative ships, you lead the charge: design the tests and GTM plan and disseminate results and insights.
You are wired to hit and exceed quantifiable goals. Your performance will be measured by your ability to accelerate Rover’s key customer acquisition metrics and your ability to work closely with and enhance the productivity of a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Marketing, Analytics, Design, Engineering and Business Development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years Product management experience
- 5+ years at high-growth consumer tech start-ups
- Experience with a/b testing and data analytics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
Your bonus skills:
- Background in marketing and/or experience with SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Referral Programs, ‘Growth Hacking’
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics and Google Sheets
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’
Why we'll hire you:
- Very comfortable with data: You can go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth. You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing.
- Top-notch at market research: Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- A “driver” personality: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop clear messaging and an effective content strategy plan. Sometimes, you may even play copywriter.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.