Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What we're looking for:
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for the budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and financial analysis processes for Rover, collaborating closely with leadership and the business to drive and improve financial performance. The overall responsibilities of this role include providing decision support, measurements and guidance for the pursuit of Company goals. The position requires strong financial and accounting acumen with demonstrated ability to provide insights and guidance to improve profitability and cash flow.
- Develop the company forecasting process, including working with the departments to forecast personnel and expenses as well as overall rollup to forecast financial statements.
- Provide the organization and its leadership with the appropriate financial and operating information needed to drive improving performance. Work closely with departments on issues involving FP&A systems and processes.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop the annual business plan; ensure collaboration and coordination with all stakeholders.
- Anticipate opportunities and risks in the forecasts and effectively communicate them to leadership and departments.
- Analyze financial and business performance against key business metrics, develop and produce monthly financial highlights for management, enabling progress tracking against budget and strategic plans.
- Analyze operating results against budget to provide insights on variances to drive action.
- Support departments to evaluate and structure business opportunities, programs and projects. Measure and assess the results post implementation, providing feedback to departments and leadership to assist in determining changes that may be necessary.
- Support and partner with teams in planning, measuring, reporting and improving performance of operations and reducing costs where necessary.
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams and projects.
- Develop product, service and business related analysis in a timely manner; provide support and guidance for decisions with products or services.
- Coordinate the preparation of all financial forecasts monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial results, as necessary.
- Lead overall development of quarterly board presentations, working with leadership across the company.
- The role will begin as a one-person FP&A team, so the role requires a hands-on FP&A professional who can balance developing and updating complex financial models with the leadership skills to work with the executive team.
- Eventually, as resources are added, this person will be responsible for employee development within the FP&A staff; managing and coaching performance for department employees as well as making hiring decisions, succession planning and other talent management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance or related field.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in managing business analysis/forecasting.
- Strong operational knowledge, gathering insights from data to inform strategy and tactics.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge or skills with Google business software (e.g., Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.
- Superior financial modeling skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to coordinate/manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including developing and delivering presentations to leadership and/or company board of directors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills based on career progression and examples from experiences.
- Experience assisting with creation of 10Ks, 10Qs, S-1s a plus.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more