Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What we're looking for:
The Senior Manager, Sitter Marketing is responsible for championing and directing the creation of marketing materials and channels that serve the Rover sitter base with a focus on developing our sitter brand, inspiring brand ambassadorship, and ultimately driving sitters to grow their business on Rover. This individual will exemplify drive, passion, and empathy to establish a deeper emotional and better aligned relationship with Rover sitters.
- Drives Rover sitter segmentation strategy and applies the learnings to target and more deeply serve our sitters across their life cycle.
- Advocates for and drives qualitative and quantitative research to develop key insights and recommends actions to enhance sitter growth strategies.
- Champions and directs go-to-market strategies for sitter features, experiences, and programs.
- Deeply understands the service provider competitive set. Monitors market trends and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and risks. Able to clearly define and marshal resources to execute Rover’s point of difference.
- Lead a team of channel management, email marketing, and content specialists to ensure relevant, compelling messaging is optimized at all sitter touch-points (integrated marketing).
- Creates and champions business cases for new programs to support sitter growth strategies.
- Makes data driven recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, and promotion.
- Measures and reports on business metric impact of sitter products/services/programs.
- Experience leading and coaching marketing specialists including channel management, email marketing, and/or content development.
- Consumer marketing experience is strongly preferred; Online marketplace experience also strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to distill insight through deep customer understanding and translate into winning marketing campaigns and programs.
- Progressive success in translating a customer marketing vision & strategy into compelling customer experiences/products/services/programs.
- Action-orientation with demonstrated ability to build cross-organizational relationships, and influence internal stakeholders to align on a vision and strategic initiatives.
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, with the ability to present data and conclusions in an organized, concise manner at all levels throughout the company.
- Professional, reliable, enthusiastic, self-reliant, self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with all groups while addressing people courageously, directly and candidly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required, MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of product marketing experience; B2C.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more